1. Can you do it for less?
2. Are you sure you are doing it the right way?
3. How longer is it going to take?
4. Can I watch while you work?
5. How much for spiders, how much for cockroaches, how much for rats?
6. Why should I pay for a variation?
7. You have done a great job but the price seems too high!
8. I served you lunch, can you take it off the job?
9. Sorry, I’m not home right now
10. Not responding to a quote
11. A girl? You must be the receptionist!
12. I’m a DIY enthusiast, so I tried giving it a go.
13. But my friend said it should have been done this way!
14. Our kids love outdoors!
15. While you are here can you do this too?
16. That’s a quick and easy one!
17. I want it done first thing tomorrow.
18. But I thought that was included
19. Job done? Goodbye!
Yes you paid for the job, but it costs nothing to be nice and polite. Complementing your supplier’s work or merely saying ‘Thank you’ can go a long way.
Wrapping it Up
Building a long-term, conflict-free Tradie-Customer relationship requires effort from both sides. Most of the problems can be resolved if only the communication could be done more effectively.
• A written job brief detailing specifics and outcomes will not only save you from unnecessary work like variations, but also result in fulfilled customer expectations.
• Using a job scheduling software cannot only help you assign tasks to your team but can also inform customers when to expect you, so you won’t have to wait on the door.
• Customer experience apps such as i4Tradies, can help you send detailed quotes and get instant response whether the customer approves or rejects it, saving you the trouble to follow up. Plus you have a digital proof of the agreed prices so they can’t complain that the cost is not justified, once the job is done..
• Rate your experience with the customers or ask them to leave a review or rate your service, as a way to build stronger relationship.
Hot off the press!
With our cutting-edge technology and in-depth knowledge of how the Field Service Management sector operates, the i4TGlobal Team loves to share industry insights to help streamline your business processes and generate new leads. We are driven by innovation and are passionate about delivering solutions that are transparent, compliant, efficient and safe for all stakeholders and across all touch points.